If you’re a passionate person then you’ll fit right in. Come work with us as we transform the creation space.
SENIOR 3D GENERALIST
Full Time – Remote
What We Are Looking For
Trapdoor Creative is looking for an experienced 3D generalist to work across multiple projects including VR, AR, Interactive, Animation, and custom software development. If you love the entire 3D process, this is the job for you. This generalist will be moving from modeling and texturing, to rigging and animation, to layout and rendering all in the same week and between multiple projects. We work across all genres of projects, from highly realistic rendering, to deeply interactive product showcases, to product development pipelines. We work with small studios as well as worldwide brands to create incredible 3D experiences.
- Lead the 3D asset creation effort on multiple interactive projects, whether in Unreal Engine, Unity, or in other DCC Apps
- Mentor younger 3D artists, helping them understand process, optimization, and workflow that helps to create the highest quality asset
- Communicate clearly not only in writing, but in demonstrating as well
- Works together well in groups, and is willing/ready to jump in to help wherever necessary.
- 5+ Years as a 3D Generalist in games, film or product visualization
- Experienced in next-gen real-time 3D asset pipelines (Unreal Engine 4&5)
- Experience with the following software:
- 3D: Maya, Modo, Blender, Unreal
- Surfacing/Texturing: Substance Designer, Painter, Photoshop
- Realtime 3D Engines: Unreal Engine 4/5 (asset importing, layout, blueprints, etc.)
- Experience with SVN, Git, Perforce, and other version control systems
- Self-motivated, eager to try new methods, and inspiring to others
- VStitcher/CLO3D Experience
- Solidworks Experience
- Other CAD software experience
Please click the “Apply Now” button and send your resume and description of why you would rock the Sr. 3D Generalist position to email@example.com.
SENIOR UNREAL ENGINE DEVELOPER
Full Time – Remote
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for an excited, forward-thinking Senior 3D Unreal Engine Developer to help us take our 3D tools and experiences into the future. This developer would lead a small developer team on multiple Trapdoor 3D projects, and play a key role in the development of STAGE and other applications. The ideal candidate has a passion for application development and will own app-specific backend features, data engineering, architectural, and infrastructure work on our projects. This position is full-time and a fully remote position currently. It will transition to partial office and partial remote time at some point. Office space will be located in Lehi, Utah.
- You have a passion for programming and optimizing Unreal applications, and you enjoy exploring and mastering new development challenges
- Tackle industry-leading technical problems, driving both the vision for and the solutions to those challenges
- Work closely with leadership, artists, and developers from specification through production
- Reviewing and ensuring the technical quality of all major project milestones
- Be the expert in code related questions and topics when it comes to the Unreal Engine and C++
- Use your extensive expertise in game and application development to ensure the product is fun and meets the highest standards of quality, performance, and polish
- Make recommendations on best practices for development in the Unreal Engine
- You understand the mindset of application users which enables you to create and implement features that will further benefit the application
- Oversee the design and implementation of clean and simple user experiences
- 5+ years professional development experience in the games industry
- Have shipped at least one product using Unreal Engine
- You must have deep Unreal Engine experience and proven C++ game-development skills
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, complexity, and system design
- Basic game math fundamentals (vectors, matrices, physics, projections, camera space, tangent space, object space)
- Solid understanding of software design patterns
- Good working knowledge of source control, including best practices (branching/streams)
- A practice of code instrumentation, tools, and development KPIs
- Experience with Perforce and JIRA/Confluence
- Experience with build systems, continuous integration, and deployment
- A background working with asset management systems, asset bundles, and in particular downloadable content (DLC)
- VR/AR development experience is a plus, but not required.
Please click the “Apply Now” button and send an email describing why you would rock the Sr. Unreal Engine Developer position to firstname.lastname@example.org.